Frequently Asked Questions:
Are you open year-round?
No. We have one day sales, twice a year: spring and fall.
How is the pricing?
Every item is individually labeled and priced by the seller. Therefore, prices will vary. In general, items are typically priced 50-75% off retail price.
What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash and Checks (with valid ID) are accepted. Checks are to made payable to Children's Resale. No credit/debit cards will be accepted.
What items will I NOT find at the resale?
Items that you will not find at the resale include:
- Car seats & booster seats
- Car seats and booster seats will be not be sold per County rules. Undocumented accidents put strain on a car seat, putting potentially hazardous car seats back into the community. Only buy used car seats from someone you trust.
- Pet supplies
- While we understand that kids love pets, pet care items are not 'child care' items. These items will not be accepted or sold at the resale.
- Adult clothing
- This resale is geared towards child specific items. We do accept and sell maternity and junior clothing & accessories.
- VHS and cassette tapes
How early should I show up?
Please feel free to come early on Saturday morning. Shoppers have been known to show up several hours before the sale starts.
No early entrance will be allowed. Do not save space in line for your friends/relatives unless they have a small infant that needs to be in the car until the start of the sale. Resale committee reserves the right to ask anyone to join the end of the line for cutting in line.
If interested in some of our hotter items (strollers, highchairs, pack ‘n plays, cribs, toddler beds, exersaucers, bouncy seats, bikes, outdoor play toys, etc), you will want to come early to increase your chances of finding these fast movers.
Is it okay to save a spot in line?
If I purchase a large item, when must it be picked up?
Are dressing rooms available?
Yes; a private dressing room is available in the Maternity/Junior Boutique.
Can I bring my child with me?
Children are welcome to the Saturday resale. We do warn that some areas may be difficult maneuver strollers through.
What happens to the items that do not sell?
What additional ways can I help?
Hangers: We are always looking for children's pants & shirt hangers. If you have some to donate, bring them to the resale location during the week leading up to the resale; We would love to have them for our sale. Adult hangers are easier to find, so please recycle them at another location.
Advertising: Advertising is crucial to each resale and we ask for the community's help in distributing flyers.
- Flyers are currently hand delivered, mailed, and emailed to various churches, mom's groups, daycares/preschools, professional offices, factory break rooms, and other locations that have approved posting of the resale information. If your group would like to have some brochures to circulate, they are available for free by contacting our Advertising Coordinator.
- Word of mouth is often times the most effective method of advertising. Please share resale information to your friends, family, and coworkers.
- Like us on Facebook, follow our updates, and share our events with your Facebook friends.